Yep, I'm back on the subject of poop. Sorry, but now its not just parental obsession, now the doctors are interested too. Ryan's doctor finally decided to do a stool sample, (which of course, was very easy to obtain) and lo and behold, there's blood in the stool (which I didn't see.) So off to the GI doc we go.
I was the image of a calm, collected mother upon hearing the news. NOT! I lost it. My sweet boy Andrew came over and helped me do deep breathing to calm down (as I do with him), and offered to get me medicine to make me feel better. What a doll. And my sweet husband rushed home from work to calm me down too. I'm sure they're thrilled they live with such an emotional wreck.
What calmed me down even more was talking to our old, beloved, pediatrician who is now in Bloomington, IN. I trust her completely, and she's the kind of doctor that tells you how it is. I discussed our issues, complete with a very graphic description of all facets of his poop, and her reply was "we don't get too worked up about this." I know from what I went through with Andrew that means "settle the hell down Vicki" She was glad I went off dairy, as that's what it could be, and seemed ambivalent about me seeing a GI doc, but said I might as well.
Luckily, the GI docs at Children's Memorial have a satellite office in Tinley Park, which is only about 20 minutes away so its not too bad of a trip. We go Tuesday. In the meantime, our ped wants one more stool test, for some very latin sounding thing, so I'll get that done today. Oddly enough, Ryan hasn't yet produced a sample!
More scoop on the poop as it happens.
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment