Ok, the title was literal, so anyone not wanting to read about my kids' poop should just move along now. You've been warned.
With Andrew, as first time parents, we OBSESSED with his poop. Consistency, color, frequency, etc. And I'm embarrassed to admit we still have probably too much fascination with it, even at 3.5 years old. Though now its more like "how many days has it been since he pooped?" or "Get the plunger, Andrew's huge poop stopped up the toilet" (nope, not kidding)
I've prided myself in my general lack of interest in Ryan's poop. Sure, there have been times of listening to him grunt for an hour that I was grateful it finally came out but in general, I would call it a reasonable tracking of poop versus a fascination with it.
Until last weekend, when it changed. Dramatically. Icky mucusy poop. And often. So after a few days of this, and going back and forth on the phone with the doctor, I brought him in. He's up to 10lbs so she's not concerned.
Funny thing is I found myself wishing I knew what Andrew's old, beloved, pediatrician would have said about mucousy stools. When I was leaving the Dr.'s office yesterday they handed me an envelope with a bunch of Andrew's old records. I flipped through them and found his 2 month checkup report, in which I discussed that Andrew had mucousy stools! I don't think I did anything about it then, which says to me Dr. Simpson had said she wasn't worried!
Ok, hopefully this is my only poop post. Don't worry, I won't publish a picture.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment