Saturday, April 14, 2007

My New Blog

So I've been inspired by my friend (and Steve's cousin's wife) Jessica to blog. I'd tried before, with Andrew updates, but never got far. So this is another attempt.

I've recently had my second (and final!) child, Ryan, and want to chronicle our life a bit more.
Here's my boys:

I'm particularly fond of Jessica's closing to her posts, which is to say what was best about the day. It can be easy in these sleep-deprived, preschooler-tantrum dotted days to forget to focus on that.

I'll make some general comments about my new role as Mother Of Two -- its fascinating. I'm amazed at how different Ryan is than Andrew -- people always say that all babies are different, but I didn't fathom that MY babies could be so different. Or is it me who's different? Is Ryan more laid back because I am? Hmmm.

Also, this is a lot of work! With Andrew, the stress of just learning the nuts and bolts of baby care was exhausting, and now that we've got that down dealing with Ryan is the easy part, I still have this preschooler to contend with! He's been GREAT with Ryan, but a bit of a challenge for us.

But all in all, I'll say this -- Andrew taught me HOW to be a mother, and they are now both teaching me to CHERISH being a mother. I look at Andrew, and how BIG he is all of the sudden and realize that it all goes too fast. Even the bad parts.

This is the only Today that God will give us. That's my new mantra, and it comes in handy when I'm dealing with a temper tantrum or a screaming baby with a bad case of gas. I'm learning to appreciate all of the Todays.

No comments: