Thursday, July 5, 2007

Our Fourth

Flossmoor has a great kids parade each year, so that was what we did. Like last year, we went to his buddy Declan's house first, and they got ready together, then the boys rode thier bikes, and we all walked over to the Jr. High to line up for the festivities. There are hundreds of kids for this event, and of course most of their parents as well.




Ryan rode in his carseat, with lame decorations, but that's fine. His big moment came later when we went swimming -- Ryan too!

Not a great picture -- all I had was my phone. We got in slowly but he loved it. Until he decided to taste the water, then he got fussy. I've ordered a bjorn-like thing that is for use in water so that should be fun.

The pool we go to is the JCC, where we got a summer membership and Andrew goes to camp. Its great there, people are friendly, lifeguards are helpful, and the pool is warm and quiet. I think Andrew prefers the busy kid pool at the park district more than the kid pool here (which would be fine if there was ever another kid!) but I certainly prefer the JCC.

No comments: