Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rollin', rollin', rollin' . . .

Yep, Ryan's rolling. Not with great skill yet, but definatley on purpose. While he has rolled from belly to back for some time now, he seems to have forgotten that. Now he rolls from back to belly. And then gets stuck.

During awake time, no biggie -- he likes being on his tummy. I really think he likes tummy time more than back time. But in the crib, no way. Cries and cries. I was letting him try to "work it out" on his own during a nap yesterday (Mommy wanted to finish her lunch) and I finally went up to see him face down, (and I mean FACE down) sobbing into his mattress. Poor kid.

So my hopes of doing some sleep training this weekend are done, because I am 1) not at all comfortable with the idea of him sleeping on his belly and 2) until he either learns to roll back over again, or learns to LIKE sleeping on his belly (at which point I am defeated anyway) there is no point.

Oh well. Good thing I have my happy pills to get me through this (yesiree, I do believe they're working!)

No comments: